Thursday 2 May 2013

Today I want to wish my wonderful boyfriend a HAPPY 23 RD BIRTHDAY!!!! Over the last few weeks I have been collecting a few Japanese things, and creating a few bits and bobs to send over to England!

So, naturally the first thing I made was a birthday card! I have made James a birthday card every year for the last four years, so this year I tried to build and my Japanese skills and learn to write his card in Japanese. I know this sounds a little geaky, but James told me about how artistic and unique the post stamps are in Japan, and how much he liked them. So I thought I would make my own stamp in a similar style featuring Mt Fuji. I also send over a pair of chop sticks so he can get practising for his trip out here in July and a few origami things I have been making in my Japanese lesson. We never think that spending loads of money on each other is important, or ever makes a good gift. To us its all about the thought and meaning.

Birthday Card for James.
My Japanese stamp. 

My blog will not be soppy. But I am so grateful to have such a supportive and loving boyfriend. I miss him lots, but the days are ticking along nicely until we are re-united.

Over the last two weeks I have received some lovely cards and letters from my friends and family back home. Thank you so much!! They really make my day. It got me thinking, receiving a card is always a lovely feeling, so if anyone would like a card from Japan please send me your address! You don't have to write back in return, but something back would happily be welcomed.

Last weekend I went to karaoke  Now, I know it was popular in Japan, but oh my goodness what an evening. You have your own private karaoke booth,  food, unlimited alcohol,  fancy dress costumes, musical instruments and a huge array of English songs, of course it was a fantastic night out!

Pretty much sums up our night! 
I am off to Tokyo early tomorrow morning for Golden week, so expect a big update next week with lots of art work too!!!














Have a great Golden weekend (if your in Japan) and a great weekend everyone else.

Marion

p.s Just look at that view!





No comments:

Post a Comment